We have a fantastic team of governors at The New North Academy, who bring an incredible breadth of skill to our academy’s leadership team. They have an important role in school to provide strategic leadership and accountability to our school. Their role is to set the aims and objectives for the academy, set the policies and targets to meet them and monitor and evaluate the progress the Academy is making towards reaching them. The NNA governing body is a source of support and challenge to Miss Percy our headteacher and senior leadership team in school to ensure and bring about the absolute best for children and families. This page holds a wealth of information about our governors who all work voluntarily, with real commitment, to strategically support the academy.
A little context
We are a little different because we are a stand alone academy. This means we have Trustees and Governors who hold responsibility for New North Academy. Our Governing Body is made up of 12 members. Of these, some are co-opted (which means they’re appointed by the Governing Body), some are member appointed (they’re appointed by members of the Trust), some are parent governors (elected by parents) and some are staff governors. Miss Percy is also a governor because she is the Headteacher. We also have observers who join and contribute to meetings. We have set our governing body so that there are 6 different sub-committees which all feed back to the Full Governing Body which meets at least 4 times a year. Our sub-committees are:
- The Pupils and Families Committee (P&F)
- The Curriculum and Standards Committee (C&S)
- The Personnel and Performance Committee (P&P)
- The Finance Committee (F)
- The Premises, Health & Safety Committee (PH&S)
- The Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Committee (SEND)
Our Chair of Governors and an appointed panel also meet to set and review the Headteacher’s appraisal each year.
- Mrs Julie Horten – Chair of Governors
- Mrs Natasha Price – Vice-Chair of Governors
- Mr Matthew Segal – Member appointed Governor
- Mrs Clare Deanesly – Member appointed Governor
- Mr James Kempton – Member appointed Governor
- Mrs Patricia Leman – Member appointed Governor
- Mr William Britain – Member appointed Governor
- Mrs Sandra Urban – Member appointed Governor
- Mr Yassine Bouaddi – Parent Governor
- Ms Mirka Tumova – Parent Governor
- Miss Nicola Percy – Headteacher Governor
- Ms Lauren Jones – Staff Governor
- Mrs Julia Riese – Staff Governor
Please click the associated link above this page to see our governors’ declarations of interest. Governors can be contacted via the school address, please mark your envelope ‘Private & Confidential’ and this will be directed to the governing body.