Welcome from the Headteacher
I am passionate about learning, the talents of young children and believe that everyone “can” with the right support, encouragement and inspiration achieve beyond their wildest expectations! I very much believe in promotion a strong family atmosphere, where child fee…
SepTerm 1 Children return to school
Children return to school for Term 1.1.
Punctuality matters too!
Missed minutes = missed learning = missed opportunities!
As a school, we are aware lateness can severely affect achievement. We monitor punctuality closely and have strategies in place to address lateness. Awareness of the impact of lateness is raised with pupils, staff and parents regularly.
Registration begins at 9.00am and all pupils are expected to be in their class room at this time. Pupils arriving after this time will be marked as present but arriving late (L). The register will close at 9.30am.
On arrival after the close of register, pupils must immediately report to the school attendance officer’s office to sign in to ensure that we can be responsible for their health and safety whilst they are in school.
Being frequently late for school adds up to lost learning:
- Arriving 5 minutes late every day adds up to over 3 days lost each year.
- Arriving 15 minutes late every day is the same as being absent for 2 weeks a year.
- Arriving 30 minutes late every day is the same as being absent for 19 days a year.
19 days lost a year through being late = 90% attendance = Persistent Absence.
Some strategies to improve your child’s punctuality
- Encourage them to pack their school bag before going to bed, ready for the next day.
- Getting to bed earlier.
- Setting a specific time for a television, iPad, computer, mobile phone and other devices to be turned off.
- Setting the alarm for a time that allows all morning routines to be carried out without making them late for school.
- Having breakfast before leaving home, so there is no need to call in at the shop on the way to school.
- Try and watch or listen to the news so that you know of any problems on the roads or with public transport.
- Leave home at least five minutes earlier than you think you need to.
- Meeting a reliable friend to walk with, if making their own way to school.
- Coming to school for breakfast club if available.
SepSchool Closed – Staff Training Day
School will be closed for staff training.